The 2022 Concacaf W Championship comes to a close on tonight with a showdown featuring the USWNT vs. Canada.
The winner will qualify for the women’s soccer tournament at the 2024 Paris Olympics, while the loser will play against the winner of the third-place game (Jamaica vs. Costa Rica) at the Concacaf Olympic play-in in September 2023.
Here’s a look at the 2022 Concacaf W Championship progressed, results and scores, and World Cup and Olympic qualification processes explained, and how to watch tonight’s USA vs. Canada game.
How to watch the 2022 Concacaf W Championship
Games Tonight, Monday, July 18, 2022:
- 7:00 pm ET: Third-place game (Costa Rica vs. Jamaica) – Estadio BBVA (Streaming: Paramount+)
- 10:00 pm ET: Championship game (USWNT vs. Canada) – Estadio BBVA (Streaming: Paramount+)
Results and scores from group play, semifinals
See below for a full tournament schedule, including how to watch all USWNT games. All games are listed in eastern time (ET). USWNT games are in bold.
Monday, July 4, 2022:
- 7:00 pm ET: USWNT vs Haiti – Estadio Universitario (USWNT won 3-0)
- 10:00 pm ET: Mexico vs Jamaica – Estadio Universitario (Jamaica won 1-0)
Tuesday, July 5, 2022:
- 7:00 pm ET: Costa Rica vs Panama – Estadio BBVA (Costa Rica won 3-0)
- 10:00 pm ET: Canada vs Trinidad and Tobago – Estadio BBVA (Canada won 6-0)
Thursday, July 7, 2022:
- 7:00 pm ET: Jamaica vs USWNT – Estadio BBVA (USWNT won 5-0)
- 10:00 pm ET: Haiti vs Mexico – Estadio BBVA (Haiti won 3-0)
Friday, July 8, 2022:
- 7:00 pm ET: Trinidad and Tobago vs Costa Rica – Estadio Universitario (Costa Rica won 4-0)
- 10:00 pm ET: Panama vs Canada – Estadio Universitario (Canada won 1-0)
Monday, July 11, 2022:
- 7:00 pm ET: Canada vs Costa Rica – Estadio BBVA (Canada won 2-0)
- 7:00 pm ET: Panama vs Trinidad and Tobago – Estadio Universitario (Panama won 1-0)
- 10:00 pm ET: Jamaica vs Haiti – Estadio BBVA (Jamaica won 4-0)
- 10:00 pm ET: USWNT vs Mexico – Estadio Universitario (USA won 1-0)
Thursday, July 14, 2022:
- 7:00 pm ET: Semifinal #1 (USWNT vs. Costa Rica) – Estadio Universitario (USA won 3-0)
- 10:00 pm ET: Semifinal #2: (Canada vs. Jamaica) – Estadio Universitario (Canada won 3-0)
How does the 2022 Concacaf W Championship work?
Eight teams, divided into two groups, are competing in the Concacaf W Championship. The tournament kicks off with round-robin tournament within each group:
- Group A: United States, Mexico, Jamaica, Haiti
- Group B: Canada, Costa Rica, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago
How do teams qualify for the Women’s Soccer World Cup?
At the end of round-robin play, the top two teams in each group will advance to the knockout semifinal round and, more importantly, qualify for the 2023 Women’s World Cup.
The two third-ranked teams in each group will qualify for an inter-confederation World Cup playoff, which will be held in February 2023.
What about Olympic qualification?
The winner of the 2022 Concacaf W Championship will qualify for the women’s soccer tournament at the 2024 Paris Olympics. The runner-up and third-place teams will qualify for the Concacaf Olympic play-in, which will be held in September 2023.
To put it bluntly: if you don’t finish in the top-three this July in Mexico, you’re out of the Olympics two years from now in Paris.
Follow Alex Azzi on Twitter @AlexAzziNBC